Another Use for that iPad Mount

I don't watch a lot of TV. Name a show and there's an 85% chance I haven't seen it. I don't really watch a lot of movies either. If someone puts something on, I'll watch it, but I just don't think to put the TV on, for the most part. most things on the TV are for backgrond noise to drown out my tinnitus.

There's an exception.

Sports.

I love watching sports. Baseball (go BOSOX!), football (go PATS!), tennis, basketball (mostly NCAA - I love my URI Rams), skiing, snowboarding, kabaddi, marble racing, bowling, axe throwing, you name it, I'll watch it. While I'm sure there are sports my grandma woudln't watch, she was always crafting while watching sports. When she lived in Cape Cod her craft room had an old TV. Her two floor looms were set up to face the TV so she could watch the Red Sox or the tennis matches while she wove. When my cousin and I were there we'd change it to The Real World or Road Rules, but I'm pretty sure that was mostly my cousin's doing!

I like reading my drafts that way because I can create a line on the PDF and move it down the draft as I weave so I always know what row I'm on. I do the same with my knitting patterns. So I got a mount for my iPad (I buy maybe 3 things a year on Amazon and this was one of them last year or the year before) so that I could refer to a digital draft on a PDF viewer without having to move my ipad everytime I finish a row. The draft I've been workign on, however, is from A Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns that I modified the treadling for so it would be a walking treadling (so much more comfortable!), so the tie ups and draft was in a notebook. I tried putting the notebook in the iPad mount but it unsurprisingly didn't work. However, I realized that if I'm not using the mount for my drafts that I can watch my favorite sports while weaving - just like Grandma!

A friend has told me to be careful, though, to make sure the emotions of the sport don't change the ferocity of my beat!

Untitled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weaving Project 004 - 10/2 Color Gamp

Replacing the Front Apron Strings

Weaving Project 003 - Spiral Houndstooth Cowl