Weaving Project 000

NAME: First Sampler Ever
DATES: 11/1/2020 - 1/18/2021
YARNS USED: No idea! Both yarns were unlabelled from Grandma's stash when I got the loom. It feels like the beige is wool and I think there's at least a little linen in the green one.
PATTERN: 3" tabby balanced, 3" tabby for weft (with a hard beat), 3" tabby for warp (with a light beat), 3" 2x2 twill balanced, 3" 2x2 twill for weft (with a hard beat), 3" 2x2 twill for warp (with a light beat). The rest I just played around with.
SOURCE: Learning to Weave
LENGTH OF WARP: 2 yards
WIDTH OF WARP: 10"
SETT (ENDS PER INCH): 12
DIMENSIONS AFTER WASHING: 8 1/2" x 42 1/2"
LENGTH OF WASTE WARP: 19 1/2" - 21"
GOAL OF PROJECT: learn all of the things
WAS GOAL MET? oh yes...
DISCOVERIES:
  • I met the step block
  • I learned more or less how the loom worked
  • I learned why it's important for the tension to be around the same for all ends
  • I learned how to dress and undress the loom
  • I learned what it looks like to beat for a warp and weft
  • I learned that I need to wrap the yarn around the edge warps or change the direction of the shuttle in a twill and when I bring other colors from earlier on in the warp up
  • I learned how to do a hem stitch
  • Hemstitching on the loom
  • I learned that while I'm still not a huge fan of warping the loom that I can do it without screwing up and that it might be meditative once I get used to it
  • I learned just how helpful this electric bobbin winder is going to be and that it's just old and that smell does not mean it will burn the building down


Weaving Project 000



WHAT IS NEXT‽

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weaving Project 004 - 10/2 Color Gamp

Replacing the Front Apron Strings

Weaving Project 003 - Spiral Houndstooth Cowl